Thursday, July 28, 2011

Reagan Elaine-our First.

Our first. Reagan Elaine Hair. 7/28/06. It was a hard delivery. Two weeks of labor called for a early induction. Then after 2 hours of pushing-she finally came. Face up and ready to see the world.

She was 6lbs and 8oz.

I was crying.

Mostly because I was happy. A little because I was in pain. A little because I was terrified.

See-I had done a little bit of babysitting as a teen, but I did not do well with little babies. It was uncomfortable to me. I remember telling Shaun I had no clue how to care for a baby or be a mom.

And then something happened...

She came....







and she was ours....







and we cried more....







and it was natural.






I was completely in love.







Now she's 5. Today. And it's bittersweet. She's certainly a princess-she will tell you. And I agree. She's our princess.

She swept in and Shaun and I bonded in ways we never thought possible. She helped our marriage. I think it was a crucial step to Shaun and I being "one flesh". It was like we were working together, for a common goal. And that common goal just happened to be something we both loved with every ounce of our being.

I can remember crying (go figure, me crying) when I realized how much I loved her-and my parents loved ME that much and had given birth to me and done all this bonding with me as a baby. I became even more sorry for not thanking them more, obeying them more.

Anyway-

Reagan was by FAR the hardest delivery but she was by FAR the easiest baby. She rarely cried. Slept through the night at 6 weeks. Ate well. Smiled a lot. She didn't have terrible two's or three's. She was just....good.

Giving me an easy baby was the most perfect thing God could have done. Because a miscarriage and preemies Hutch and Bentley (not so easy) followed.....whew. Don't tell them I said that.

I love her. She's happy. She loves to help me. She loves her brother and sister. I think she loves her daddy most. She is an angel.

I pray she grows to love the Lord and serve him. She tells us often that she wants to be a missionary.....but only if we come with her. We shall see.

So when I look at her-I see a lot of firsts. Both in the past and in the future. For that reason-she will always be special in a way no other can match.

We love you Reagan!











































Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone4

No comments: