Thursday, November 26, 2009

A Thankful Day




We're spending a couple of weeks in Denver with my sister and her family. Couldn't be more thrilled to be spending this Thanksgiving with her - she's lived far away so long and I miss her. So this is nice. We not only get awesome time with family, but we get some time on the slopes!




That's Shaun on the right side of the picture.
He's learning to ski.
Already skiing BLUES.
So exciting.



Piper, Reagan and Hutch. Reagan's the little mommy.
She's eating it up - not used to being the oldest cousin of the bunch.



This is my Hutch. He's an angel. So thankful for him.



I have so much to be thankful for.


Today, I thank you, Lord. I thank you for life and breath and high altitudes here in Colorado....even though we can't breathe. Thank you for the beautiful mountains carved out by you - for your glory.

I thank you for Shaun. I'm so thankful he loves me. I'm more thankful he loves you. Thank you for Reagan, for her obedience and her tender heart. She's such an example to me of childlike faith. Thank you for Hutch. What a miracle he is! A constant reminder that you are good and your timing is perfect. Thank you for my mom - oh, how I miss her - being away has reminded me just how much I need her and my dad.

Most of all, though, I am thankful for salvation. Eternal hope rings loud and clear in my heart this holiday. I'm thankful for it. Without hope, everything would seem pointless, right? Thank you, Lord, for seeking me out. Thank you for calling me to yourself when there wasn't a righteous bone in my body. Apart from you and your grace, I'd be hopeless, lost, overcome with the demands of this world and tired. I love the new life and joy that comes from knowing you. For you are good. I am thankful, oh so thankful.

Amen.


P.S. We miss the Buckners too!

This is John Pearson, my baby sister's first baby. He's close to my heart because he's only 3 weeks younger than Hutch. They were due on the same day and Monica and I grew in strides together. It was so much fun. It brings tears to my eyes to know my baby sister is a mommy. She too lives far away and we miss her so much.
We are all wishing they could be here in Colorado with us.

No comments: