Saturday, September 3, 2011

Stop. And. Melt. My. Heart.

Pinterest is my new love...

I love browsing photography because I'm trying to get good at it. Lots to learn. I heart photography stuff...

Anyway-

When Bentley was in the NICU-they were contemplating instituting a new course of care for premature sick infants. It's called kangaroo care. They already regularly use it in England. It's basically a theory that skin to skin contact with a mother, father....in this case, a twin can have healing effects.

Desirous to try everything to get her home quickly, I went into the NICU everyday and snuggled little Bentley up against me, sometimes for hours. I'd move all those cords out of the way as much as possible and....warm her. And pray. I dont know what affect it had on her health-but I do love what a sweet bond it created! She did come home after just 10 days in the NICU. And she still loves to snuggle.

Here is one photo I found that is amazing....Read the blurb under the picture...










This picture is from an article called "The Rescuing Hug". The article details the first week of life of a set of twins. Each were in their respective incubators and one was not expected to live. A hospital nurse fought against the hospital rules and placed the babies in one incubator. When they were placed together, the healthier of the two, threw an arm over her sister in an endearing embrace. The smaller baby's heart stabilized and temperature rose to normal.

Now you can cry. I know, right? It's sweet. What an amazing author and creator of life we have.

We praise you, Lord, the creator of life-for we are fearfully and wonderfully made.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone4


No comments: