Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Delightful Daffodil Dig

We've been living out here in the boondocks now for 3 years. Every spring I pass by an old rundown house surrounded by millions of daffodils. They are beautiful! Well, this year, I finally got up the nerve to call the farmer who owns that land and ask if I could dig some up. He was thrilled to have someone dig them up - so over the weekend - my sweet mom and husband accompanied me to the field. It was so much fun and we got two truckloads of daffodils.

Also, to our surprise, we found many other kinds of bulbs. Day Lilies, Crocus, Surprise Lilies as well as many different kinds of Daffodils. Needless to say, I've spent a few hours in my yard trying to beautify it. Since we have 3 acres of non-landscaped yard, it's proving to be kind of difficult.

I went back to the field today with my uncle and we dug up another truckload of plants. I'm thrilled! We got most of them just in time for beautiful blooms!

Here are some pictures from the dig and the wonderful result afterwards!











2 comments:

jo said...

I'm so terribly jealous!!!! They are beautiful. Your hard work will pay off.

Julie said...

Beautiful!! Our bulbs are just barely shooting up through the ground today. Enjoy them!