Friday, September 26, 2008

Remodel Overhaul


We have a very old home. It was built in the 1950's.

The brick used to be solid burgundy.

We're remodeling slowly.

Very slowly.

With paint.


The past few weeks I've been painting our trim. We're going from the woodgrain to the beautiful and wonderfully fresh "Cashmere White" trim. Thank you Walmart for paint that I would have thought was cheap and difficult to work with....nope it's just like that expensive stuff I've bought before at Home Depot. And it's $13.36 a gallon! Not offense, Home Depot, I know you're the better choice for so many other things, but Walmart is stepping it up in the paint department.

We moved into this house about 3 years ago. It had wood paneled walls, wood floors and wood trim. EVERYTHING was dark and brown. Well, we've managed to cover all the paneling and now it's on to the trim. So far it's been incredibly slow and painful. I hate painting. I love the quick result.

Here are the before pictures:


Yes. I painted this yellow. Please hold before beginning your "Candice is not such a good decorator" thoughts about me. Let me first say yellows are hard. Especially with all that wood around it. This was clearly the wrong yellow. It's getting a fresh coat in a creamy green.



Those are our....

Wait for it.....

FRONT DOORS!

You're probably wondering why I'm not depressed during the day, having no light coming in. Well, you're right. I am depressed. Ha! Not really, but I'm close sometimes, since our windows are also from the 1950's and you can't see out or in for all the bugs in them....that's another issue....we'll get to that next.


This is a picture of the beginnings of priming all the wood. Lots of primer. But oh, how you will LOVE the finished project.


So, I'm finishing up today. I'll post the 'after' pictures tomorrow! Guess you'll have to wait on pins and needles! Stay tuned. Soon you'll be seeing Cashmere White and Creamy Green. Trust me. It's nicey nice.

Just for kicks I'm posting some after pictures from our "piano room" .... I did it a couple of weeks ago. I don't have before pitcures, but just picutre royal blue with wood on the bottom half of the walls and wood trim.

No comments: