Tuesday, May 25, 2010

THIS. IS. AWESOMENESS.

Finally - we've been in this house about 5 years, and I've had this vision from day one. It is finally a reality. And it feels so nice.

We had an awesome contractor - my dad - he's doing some things on the side. He gave us a family discount. If you hire him - you won't get one. I'm just sayin.

So after much hard work - by Shaun and my dad...

And after many hours of dirt work done by my lovely hubby...

And after many hours of sweating and staining followed by bathing in mineral spirits (hope that doesn't hurt the unborn)....

And after mom, dad and I worked a whole day in bushes, bugs and black mulch....

And after a trip to Oakland's Kroger for $5.00 ferns with another 25% off for having a Kroger card (sorry Don)....

And after Shaun bought me a beautiful new set of furniture for relaxing and reading....

We have, ladies and gentlemen (do gents read this blog?)....

A BEAUTIFUL NEW PORCH.
COMPLETE WITH LANDSCAPING AND FERNS.


click the pic to get the full effect








Isn't it great?!



3 comments:

Mel said...

It looks GREAT! I love your red front doors too.

Julie said...

AWESOME!!! When can they come to Illinois?

jo said...

My jaw is on the floor. What a transformation. I love love love it. Those ferns are spectacular too. You're welcome. :) I still can't believe it. Love the furniture too.